- A statutory week’s pay (used, for example, to calculate statutory redundancy payments), increases from £508 to £525 with effect from 6 April 2019.
- The compensatory cap for most unfair dismissal claims will increase from £83,682 to £86,444 (subject to the additional cap of 52 actual weeks’ pay if lower), also with effect from 6 April 2019.
- The National Minimum/Living Wage rates will increase from £7.83 per hour to £8.21 per hour with effect from 1 April 2019. This represents an increase of nearly 5%!
- Statutory sick pay will increase from £92.05 per week to £94.25 per week with effect from 6 April 2019.
- Statutory Maternity Pay (and other paid statutory family leave) will increase from £145.18 to £148.68 per week with effect from 7 April 2019.
- Minimum Pension Contributions under Auto-enrolment will increase from 5% to 8% with effect from 6 April 2019. In terms of different contributions rates, the employers contribution will increase to 3% and the employee’s contribution will increase to 5%.
ANNUAL INCREASES TO PAYMENTS AND AWARDS WITH EFFECT FROM APRIL 2019
22nd March 2019